Similarly to Saulnier’s 2013 crime drama “Green Room,” his upcoming movie will be a high-velocity thriller that explores systemic American injustices through bone-breaking action sequences, suspense and dark humor.
More from Variety
- TV News Roundup: Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Tiffany Haddish's 'Black Mitzvah' Comedy Special
- 'The King' Production Designer Fiona Crombie on How She Recreated 15th Century England
- Netflix Shelves Christian Comedian's Special Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Saulnier recently teamed with Netflix on “Hold the Dark,” an action-thriller starring Jeffrey Wright and Alexander Skarsgard.
Filmscience and Bonneville Pictures will co-produce “Rebel Ridge,” along with Saulnier, Anish Savjani, Neil Kopp, Vincent Savino. Macon Blair is executing producing.
Up next, Boyega is reprising his role as Finn in the final chapter of Disney and Lucasfilm’s Skywalker saga, “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” due in theaters this December. His other credits include “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” Kathryn Bigelow’s historical drama “Detroit” and “Pacific Rim: Uprising.”
Saulnier previously directed the thrillers “Blue Ruin,” “Murder Party” and “Hold the Dark.”
Boyega is repped by by the Identity Agency Group. Saulnier is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
John Boyega on “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”:
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- The Best Gifts for 'Big Bang Theory' Fans