The Untitled Jermaine Fowler Project, created, written and executive produced by Fowler, is loosely based on his formidable years growing up in a working class town in Prince George’s County, Maryland, with his family.
Fox Entertainment is the studio.
The project marks Fox’s latest development in the animation space – an area that the network has increasingly been moving into over the past couple of years.
Fowler will next be seen as one of the leads in Paramount’s Coming 2 America sequel set for release in December. He previously starred as Franco Wicks on CBS’ Superior Donuts alongside Judd Hirsch, Katey Sagal, David Koechner, Maz Jobrani, and Rell Battle, which aired for two seasons. He most recently starred opposite Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed which premiered at last year’s Tribeca Film Festival. His other credits include the critically-acclaimed film Sorry to Bother You and the HBO comedy series Crashing. He is repped by UTA, Management 360, and Morris Yorn.
More from Deadline
- Friday Ratings: ABC's NBA Finals Package Tops The Night
- ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox Extend Pilot Cast Options; 'Jury Duty' Releases Actors But Remains In Contention
- Fox's 'Let's Be Real' Skewers Politicos With Robert Smigel's Brand Of Daring Humor
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto