Jughead’s Time Police #5 features the musician appearing during the lead-up to a Battle of the Bands segment. As Jughead practices his drumming, Lewis walks up to the gang and says, “Nice song.” The Riverdale teens proceed to fawn over her, calling Lewis “the fashion idol of my youth,” “songstress of our collective feelings” and “all-around babe.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Jenny Lewis Courts Some Zentai Suit Suitors in 'Rabbit Hole' Video
- Jenny Lewis Gets Carried Off by Giant Pink Bunny During 'Rabbit Hole' Performance on 'Fallon'
- Pilgrimage Festival 2019: 5 Best Things We Saw
“I was just strolling by, wanted to wish you good luck,” Lewis says. As she strolls away to meet the rest of her band, she muses, “Riverdale…I could probably live here.”
The issue was written by Archie Comics script writer Sina Grace, with drawings by Derek Charm, coloring by Matt Herms and lettering by Jack Morelli.
Archie Comics co-president Alex Segura said of Lewis’ cameo appearance: “Archie’s always been about blending real world music acts and our amazing characters, so when Sina mentioned he might be able to get Jenny Lewis to cameo in Jughead’s Time Police — well, we didn’t hesitate! Not only am I a huge fan, it just made sense — and was fun! Which is kind of the point? I’m just jealous I didn’t get to do it myself. It makes for a fun, unexpected easter egg in an already bombastic and unpredictable series.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- 13 Gutsiest Loretta Lynn Lyrics
- How 'Led Zeppelin II' Was Born
- 35 Greatest Horror Soundtracks: Modern Masters, Gatekeepers Choose
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.