As we approach Thanksgiving, Quibi has decided to celebrate by unveiling the first wave of celebrities participating in their forthcoming series, Thanks a Million, which will feature people literally paying it forward to people who have changed their lives. Jennifer Lopez, Kristen Bell, Tracy Morgan, Karlie Kloss, Aaron Rodgers and Alex Rodriguez have been set to lead individual episodes of the series. More participants will be revealed at a later date.
Earlier in March at SXSW, Quibi founder Jeffrey Katzenberg announced the new series as part of their lineup. Each episode of Thanks a Million will feature grateful public figures kickstarting a chain of kindness by gifting $100,000 to an unsuspecting individual who has had a positive impact on their lives. The recipient must then pay it forward by gifting half of that sum to someone else who has done the same, and the chain continues. Across ten episodes, $1,000,000 will be put in the hands of everyday people.
More from Deadline
- Andy Samberg Grills Up 'Biggest Little Cook-Off' For Quibi
- Former DC President Diane Nelson Leaves Short-Form Platform Quibi Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Jennifer Lopez To Receive Palm Springs Fest Spotlight Award
Thanks a Million will be produced by Lopez’s Nuyorican Productions and Industrial Media’s B-17 Entertainment in association with Universal Alternative Television Studio. Lopez, Elaine-Goldsmith Thomas, Alex Brown, Rhett Bachner, Brien Meagher, Dena Waxman and Benny Medina serve as Executive Producers. Quibi is slated to launch April 6, 2020.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers