They say motherhood is a thankless job — but in Jennifer Garner‘s household, it actually comes with a paycheck. The actress’ 7-year-old son Samuel hilariously gifted his mother a check for $168.42, for the sole purpose of “being his mama.” Sounds like someone is due for a hefty raise!
The mother-of-three found the sweet gift to be especially humorous, as she took to her Instagram page to share the laughs. “Apparently, birthing and raising someone is valued at $168.42. I guess I should keep my day job. 😂,” she wrote before adding via hashtags, “I would be his mama for free, oh wait I already am.”
More from SheKnows
- Jennifer Garner's New Baby Food Involves Her Mom in a Really Sweet Way
- Jennifer Garner Admits She's 'Crushed By Sentimentality' Over Daughter Seraphina Turning 11
- Jennifer Garner's Daughter's Demands in Exchange for Going to School Are Hilarious
Fans and friends of Garner’s also took delight in such a precious gesture from her little one. “Ha!! Yes, please keep your day job for the rest of us. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😂,” Kimberly Paisley wrote, while a fan added, “Always good to know your value in any negotiation!”
“Too cute! I’m sure he didn’t consider the overtime” added another fan.
This isn’t the first time Garner gushed about the bond she shares with her son. Just this past December, she took Samuel to see Disney on Ice and later revealed on Instagram that she asked if he would always be her date, to which he replied, “Always, Mom. Even when I’m a grown up.”
The 47-year-old is also mother to daughters Violet, 14, and Seraphina, 11, whom she shares with ex-husband, Ben Affleck.
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018