The post Jehnny Beth on the Inspiration of Carl Sagan and Henry Rollins appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Jehnny Beth calls up Kyle Meredith to speak about To Live Is To Love. The Savages frontwoman discusses working with Nine Inch Nails’ Atticus Ross and taking inspiration from Carl Sagan and Henry Rollins. Beth also dives into the LP’s themes of guilt, sexuality, and religion, while noting that “the core of the record is my shameful faults.” The French multimedia artist also talks about how her many projects intersect, including the record’s companion book, CALM: Crimes Against Love Memories.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Alex Trebek Once Unknowingly Ate Five Hash Brownies and Woke Up at a Friend's House Three Days Later
- Nike Announces Grateful Dead-Inspired Sneakers
- Trapt's New Album Only Sells 600 Copies in First Week, Band Says It's Fake News
- Seniors Recreate Classic Album Covers from Lockdown
- Body of Glee Actress Naya Rivera Recovered in California Lake