The acclaimed animated Star Wars series, The Clone Wars, unveiled a dramatic new trailer for its long-awaited final season, which is set to premiere February 21st on Disney+.
The Clone Wars, which first debuted in 2008, is set in the years between Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, focusing primarily on the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and his Padawan apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, as they battle the Separatists and fight to keep the Republic alive. While the show was ostensibly canceled in 2013, a sixth season known as the Lost Missions arrived on Netflix in 2014; Disney later decided to revive the series and properly wrap it up.
More from Rolling Stone
- Everything J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson, and Daisy Ridley Ever Told Us About Rey's Backstory
- 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Review: A Perfectly Imperfect Last Chapter
- See Keanu Reeves' John Wick Fight With a Lightsaber
The new trailer teases an epic fight as the Jedi Order tries to stave off destruction while Ahsoka is brought back into the fold after previously leaving the Order. The conclusion of her story is fittingly teased at the end of the trailer as she prepares to square off in a lightsaber duel with Darth Maul.
The Clone Wars stars Matt Lanter as Anakin, Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka, Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan, and Sam Witwer as Darth Maul. The show was helmed by Dave Filoni, who also directed and executive-produced The Mandalorian.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Golden Globes 2020: 20 Best, Worst and Most WTF Moments
- Springfield of Dreams: 150 Best 'Simpsons' Episodes
- 50 Best TV Shows of the 2010s
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.