The post The Jayhawks on Depression, Anxiety, and the 24-Hour News Cycle appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The Jayhawks lead man Gary Louris speaks with Kyle Meredith about XOXO. The new album finds the Americana legends heavily collaborating and features each member on the mic for lead vocals. Louris discusses the album’s artwork; themes of depression, anxiety, and the 24-hour news cycle; and life in Minneapolis since the murder of George Floyd. Louris also says the band could have recorded 30 records if the industry allowed them, but teases a finished solo album.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Kanye West Held His First Campaign Presidential Rally in South Carolina, And It Went As Well As You'd Expect
- Alex Trebek Once Unknowingly Ate Five Hash Brownies and Woke Up at a Friend's House Three Days Later
- Chris Cornell's Unreleased Cover of Guns N' Roses' "Patience" Unearthed for His 56th Birthday: Stream
- Burger Records Employees, Artists Accused of Rampant Sexual Misconduct
- Nike Announces Grateful Dead-Inspired Sneakers