The post Japanese Breakfast covers Wilco’s “Jesus, Etc.” at Lollapalooza: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Japanese Breakfast brought a sweet taste of Chicago to Lollapalooza 2019. During her Friday afternoon set, singer Michelle Zauner and her band of rockers offered up a cover of Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot gem, “Jesus, Etc.”.
This was hardly some impromptu bit, either. Earlier in the day, the band teased the cover on their socials, sharing an image of a guitar tab and asking their followers, “Can you guess what new cover we are playing in Chicago today?”
Watch fan-shot footage of the cover below.
“Jesus, Etc.” is the latest cover in Zauner’s collection. In the past, she’s covered “Dreams” by The Cranberries, “Head Over Heels” by Tears for Fears, “Lovefool” by The Cardigans, “California Dreamin'” by The Mamas and the Papas, and the list goes on.
- Leaked video shows Gibson destroying hundreds of their own guitars
- Rihanna to Trump on El Paso, Dayton shootings: "Donald, you spelt 'terrorism' wrong"
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- 50 teenagers storm gates at Lollapalooza, immediately arrested
- Neil deGrasse Tyson downplays recent mass shootings in tweet, Smash Mouth aren't having it