Janina Gavankar is eyeing a return to NBC in the time travel-themed procedural pilot Echo, TVLine has confirmed.
Written by JJ Bailey, the potential series centers on a team of investigators who solve high-profile crimes by going back in time and climbing into the bodies of the victims.
More from TVLine
- Chicago P.D. Sneak Peek: Burgess Gives Ruzek a Thank-You Gift for His Support
- The Voice Recap: Thunderstorm Strikes, Reducing the Coaches to 'Cheerleaders'
- America's Got Talent: Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum Join Season 15 -- First Look
According to Deadline, Gavankar — who co-starred on Mysteries of Laura, which ran for two seasons on NBC — will play Mel Goodwin, a police officer who’s driven and eager to prove herself.
Gavankar TV-packed resume also includes series-regular stints on HBO’s True Blood and Fox’s Sleepy Hollow. She is currently recurring on Apple TV+’s Morning Show.
To keep up with all of the 2020 pilots currently in contention at the broadcast networks, check out (and bookmark!) our handy Pilot Guide, which has been updated with Gavankar’s Echo casting.
Best of TVLine
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles
- The Big Bang Theory Pilot Revisited: 15 Memorable Moments (Including a Few In-Hindsight Continuity Errors)