EXCLUSIVE: Amy Seimetz has joined the cast of the CBS Studios miniseries based on the James Comey bestseller A Higher Loyalty. The co-creator and exec producer of the Starz series The Girlfriend Experience, Seimetz will play the role of Trisha Anderson, the No. 2 lawyer at the FBI’s Office of General Counsel amidst the Trump and Clinton investigations.
She joins Jeff Daniels (Comey), Brendan Gleeson (Donald Trump), Holly Hunter (Acting Attorney General Sally Yates), Michael Kelly (Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe), Jennifer Ehle (Patrice Comey), Peter Coyote (Robert Mueller), Steven Pasquale (Peter Strzok), Oona Chaplin (Lisa Page), Kingsley Ben-Adir (Barack Obama), Brian d’Arcy James (Mark Giuliano), Steve Zissis (Jim Baker), Shawn Doyle (Bill Priestap), Jonathan Banks (James Clapper), Richard Thomas (Chuck Rosenberg) and Seann Gallagher (Jim Rybicki).
More from Deadline
- James Comey Vs. Donald Trump Mini: Jonathan Banks Set For James Clapper, Richard Thomas For Chuck Rosenberg, Seann Gallagher For Jim Rybicki
- CBS' David Nevins On "Impressive" Disney+ Launch, James Comey Miniseries & Being An "Equal Opportunity Offender"
- James Comey CBS Studios Mini Sets Steven Pasquale As FBI Agent Peter Strzok, Oona Chaplin As Lawyer Lisa Page; Lovers' Text Exchanges Riled Trump & Embarrassed Bureau
Scripted and directed by Oscar-nominated writer/director Billy Ray, the mini is underway and will air next year. It’s produced by Secret Hideout, The Story Factory and Home Run Productions in association with CBS Television Studios. The exec producers are Alex Kurtzman, Shane Salerno and Heather Kadin.
Seimetz, whose acting credits include Upstream Color, Pet Sematary, Alien: Covenant, Stranger Things and the Epix series Get Shorty, is repped by WME and One Entertainment.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers