The post Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The dad joke of rock finally happened: Jack Black and Jack White recorded a new song together. Technically White joined Tenacious D as a unit, but as the old joke goes, this is as Jack Grey as it gets.
The news broke during Tenacious D’s performance in Nashville this past Sunday. During the band’s set, Black told the crowd, “Jack White, we went over to his house today and recorded a brand new song,” according to the Tennessean. It turns out Tenacious D stopped by White’s recording studio in Nashville, and as such the song will be released on Third Man Records.
No release date has been announced, nor did Black specify what White’s contribution to the song was. He could have added a shredding guitar solo, some backing vocals, or simply just produced it. Either way, it’s been a long time coming.
Update: Tenacious D have documented their recent trip to Nashville and visit with White in a new tour vlog.
Given their separate celebrity statuses, Black and White have certainly known of each other’s existence for a while, and have been in the same award-show spaces before. But there has never been photographic evidence of the two meeting, or even being in the same room, until earlier this year. Tenacious D ran into White this June and jokingly posted a picture, captioned, “We hired a new merch guy.”
Over the weekend, while at Lollapalooza, Tenacious D took over our Instagram account. It was a total trip.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Disgraced Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins gets more prison time after hiding phone in anus