Tory's new release, DAYSTAR, sees him directly namedrop Smith on the track "Sorry But I Had To...," on which he raps, "J.R Smith, it's the pot that piss/And you the last cat that should talk about some shots that hit/"Cause your performance and percentage, player/Rollin', ridin' benches, n***a, I'm from the trenches, n***a/You the type to buy a chick a eighty and ya still won't get a inch up in her."
Prior to the release of DAYSTAR, Smith directly called out Tory Lanez for his suspected role in the Megan incident. "This clown shoots a female an y'all listening to his music like its ok!" he wrote. "Tf @torylanez you a straight [clown emoji] straight [fax machine emoji] an tell who ever to hit my line it's whatever!"
Tory Lanez throws shots at JR Smith...— Alejandro Guerra (@Cinephile420) September 25, 2020
Tory Lanez needs to stop shooting 😂 pic.twitter.com/O572NrrsER
In a post on his Instagram Story, J.R. Smith has once again called out Tory. "I got time today too! [laughing emoji]," he wrote. "He's not even 30 stay in ya place lil ass boy. ... Bust ya gun at a female you all types of [clown emoji]." It's worth highlighting that the arrest report for Tory Lanez listed his height as 5'3", whereas J.R. Smith is 6'6". It's a subject Tory also addressed on the new project on the track "Money Over Fallout," where he raps, "Oh, now I'm 5'3"?/N***as sayin' I'm a shorty/But lil' bitch I'm 5'7", money on me side-steppin'."
- Here Are the Claims Tory Lanez Makes About Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Incident and Aftermath
- Tory Lanez Criticized for Using Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Incident to Promote New Project
- Tory Lanez Releases New Project 'Daystar' in Response to Megan Thee Stallion Shooting
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.