Waters replaces Gedioen Aloula, who joined Instagram a year ago from HP. Aloula is no longer with Instagram, a rep confirmed.
More from Variety
- Why Posting Black Boxes for #BlackoutTuesday, or Hashtags Without Action, Is Useless (Column)
- LL Cool J Delivers Powerful Message About Racism: 'You're Gambling With My Life' (Watch)
- Zuckerberg Inaction on Trump's Incendiary 'Shooting' Post Slammed by Facebook Employees
As Instagram’s head of marketing, Waters is responsible for leading brand and product marketing for its more than 1 billion monthly users.
Most recently, Waters was chief marketing officer at Hims & Hers, a San Francisco-based health and wellness startup. Prior to that, she was Lyft’s VP of marketing for two years, exiting prior to the ride-sharing company’s IPO in 2019.
Waters also served as Pandora’s VP of brand and product marketing and was brand marketing manager for Cisco’s Flip Video consumer products group. Waters started her career as an education coordinator for Jane Doe Inc., a nonprofit organization championing women’s rights.
Waters earned an MBA from Babson College’s F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston in journalism and public relations. She currently serves on the global board of the Mobile Marketing Association. Waters lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children.
Best of Variety
- The Best Movies on Netflix
- Everything Coming to Netflix in June
- What's Coming to Disney Plus in June 2020