Ink Master judge Oliver Peck has apologized for wearing blackface in photos apparently cribbed from his old MySpace account that recently were recirculated.
TMZ. was credited with discovering the photos from the online social media dinosaur. Peck, the former husband of Kat Von D, is shown in the photos wearing brown face and dressed as a basketball player and a superhero, albeit one with a racist component to his name. The photos were taken of him at Halloween, according to TMZ, which also showed him applying the makeup.
More from Deadline
- Golden Globe Winner Quentin Tarantino On Wrapping Up His Movie Resume: "There Is An Umbilical Cord Link Between The 10th Film & 'Reservoir Dogs'"
- Golden Globes TV Review: Ricky Gervais' Return Flounders On Night Of Big Wins For '1917', 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood', 'Succession' & 'Fleabag'
- Renée Zellweger Wins First Golden Globe In 16 Years For 'Judy,' Thanking Those Who Have Reminded Her That "The Top Doesn't Matter"
Peck also wore blackface when he dressed up as a Playboy bunny, TMZ reported.
“I want to profusely apologize for my completely inappropriate, insensitive, and immature behavior,” Peck said in an Instagram post, shortly after the photos began circulating on social media. “I hope that I’ve matured a great deal since then and I’m deeply sorry for everyone I’ve offended.”
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers