Writer-director Yaron Zilberman’s (A Late Quartet) Toronto and London Film Festival drama-thriller chronicles the year leading up to the assassination of Israel’s prime minister Yitzhak Rabin in 1995. Set against the backdrop of Rabin’s efforts to end the Israeli-Palestian conflict, the film is told through the journey of the assassin, Yigal Amir (played by Yehuda Nahari Halevi).
More from Deadline
- Israeli Oscar Hopeful 'Incitement' Scores U.S. Deal For WestEnd With Greenwich Entertainment
- Israel Submits Assassination Drama 'Incitement' To International Oscar Race After Ophir Awards Win
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Balloons Flying But At Lower Heights - Update
The film examines all the forces that acted on him, from his personal quest to become a hero in the eyes of his peers, and the rejection he faces from his love interest, to the intense incitement of politicians and religious leaders.
Pic was co-written by Ron Leshem (Euphoria) and Yaron Zilberman. Yehuda Nahari Halevi (Wedding Doll) stars as Yigal Amir, alongside Amitay Yaish Ben Ousilio (The Man in the Wall), Anat Ravnizky, Yoav Levi, Dolev Ohana, Raanan Paz, Sivan Mast and Daniella Kertesz.
Producers are David Silber (Lebanon) for Metro Communications, Sharon Harel-Cohen (Gosford Park) for WestEnd Films, Tamar Sela (A Late Quartet) for Opening Night Productions, Ruth Cats (Past Life) for Sunshine Films, Moshe Edery (Beaufort) for United King Films, as well as Zilberman and Leshem. WestEnd handles sales.
The film will get a stateside release on January 31, 2020. It opened in Israel last month and pulled in a strong 200,000 admissions.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers