The comedian first discussed the fairly dire title of her new Amazon Prime stand-up special, The Planet Is Burning. “It is my lens in which I think things are funny. It’s like, the planet is burning, and we’re not talking about it all the time. It’s pathetically funny,” Glazer said. “Also I thought, if I was gonna have billboards and repeat a phrase over and over again, this was probably a worthwhile one.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Seth Rogen Taps Ilana Glazer, Anderson .Paak for Hilarity for Charity County Fair
- 'Broad City''s Ilana Glazer Talks 'Ridiculous' 'Time Traveling Bong' Series
- 'Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens' Review: A Star in Search of Herself
After analyzing how her stand-up persona differs from that of her Broad City character, Glazer and Trevor Noah talked about her upcoming stand-up tour, dubbed the Horny 4 Tha Polls tour.
“I am so horny for the polls,” Glazer admitted before talking about her political activism. “I consider myself more an advocate. I have a political organization, Generator, and I’m going on tour in March. Every city that I do stand-up in, we’re doing a voter-empowerment dance party with Generator.… It is so dorky. My co-founder and I, we’re nerds. We’re horny for voting.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- Golden Globes 2020: 20 Best, Worst and Most WTF Moments
- Springfield of Dreams: 150 Best 'Simpsons' Episodes
- 50 Best TV Shows of the 2010s
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.