While speaking with Somerhalder about his upcoming Netflix series V Wars — which premieres on Thursday, Dec. 5 — TVLine asked the actor if the name Stefanie Salvatore means anything to him. His immediate response: “Oh, yeah, isn’t that my daughter?”
More from TVLine
- Batwoman: Meagan Tandy Mulls Sophie's Sexuality ('She Isn't Living Her Truth'), Teases Flashback Twists
- 'Crisis on Infinite Earths': Harbinger Enlists the Legends of Tomorrow in New Teaser for Arrowverse Crossover
- The Flash's Sue Dearbon Is Found: Natalie Dreyfuss Lands Recurring Role
Indeed, Stefanie Salvatore — as referenced during a Season 1 episode of The CW’s Legacies — is the daughter of Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatore, named in loving memory of the late, great Stefan. (For the record, it’s unclear whether Stefanie actually exists, as she was only mentioned in an alternate reality, but let’s not get bogged down in semantics.)
“I haven’t been able to dive too deep into the story of Legacies — we’ve been in post-production on V Wars for 11 months — but it’s amazing to know that these characters are still going,” Somerhalder says. “They’re doing a really great job. It’s a fun show and it looks cool.”
He also keeps in touch his Vampire Diaries co-star Paul Wesley, who directed an episode of Legacies‘ first season.
“It’s wild,” Somerhalder says. “Paul was on set and sent me a video message. He was like, ‘This is a trip. These are our sets. This is like a time warp!'”
We’ll have more V Wars insight from Somerhalder as the show’s Dec. 5 premiere approaches, but for now, drop a comment with your thoughts below: What do you think Damon is up to in Mystic Falls?
Launch Gallery: <i>Vampire Diaries</i>' Biggest Twists Revisited (and Explained)
Best of TVLine
- Vampire Diaries Turns 10: How Real-Life Plot Twists Shaped Everything From the Love Triangle to the Final Death
- Vampire Diaries' Biggest Twists Revisited (and Explained)
- Everwood Turns 15: The Creator, Stars Recall Braving Freezing Temps to Deliver the Pilot's Emotional Fight