The afternoon session features testimony by Laura Cooper, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russian, Ukrainian and Eurasian Affairs, and David Hale, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. Both had been subpoenaed.
More from Deadline
- Impeachment Hearing: Top Republican Claims Big Drop In Ratings For Network Coverage Of Hearings
- Impeachment Hearings: Adam Schiff Gets Standing Ovation From Gallery For Closing Statement
- Impeachment Hearings Viewership Strong For Very Long Day 3; Fox News Wins Again
Today’s testimony follows that of Jennifer Williams, Special Advisor for Europe and Russia for Vice President Mike Pence; Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the National Security Council; Ambassador Kurt Volker, Former U.S. Special Envoy to Ukraine and Timothy Morrison, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Europe and Russia, National Security Council; William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine, and George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state and the State Department’s lead career official focused on that country.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) is overseeing the hearings in his role as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. The GOP contingent is led by fellow California Rep. Devin Nunes.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers