Street performer Christopher Dennis, best known as the Hollywood Boulevard Superman for the past 25 years, died from suffocation after crawling into a clothing donation bin while high on methamphetamine, according to the L.A. County Coroner.
The street performer was discovered dead, lying headfirst in a clothing donation bin in November. The coroner’s office told TMZ Sunday that Dennis “suffocated to death as a result of blunt force trauma to his head and neck … after being partially entrapped within a metal box used for donating clothes.” The coroner’s report also cites “methamphetamine toxicity as a significant factor in his death” and ruled Dennis’ death accidental, TMZ reports.
Investigators believe Dennis, who was homeless at the time, was trying to gather clothes for himself.
Dennis first began portraying Superman and became a fixture on Hollywood Boulevard in June 1991 after constantly being told how much he resembled former Superman actor Christopher Reeve. He went on to star in the 2007 documentary, “Confessions of a Superhero,” and made numerous appearances on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
Dennis was 52.
Read original story Hollywood Superman Christopher Dennis’ Cause of Death Even Grimmer Than You Imagined At TheWrap