The Hold Steady singer-songwriter Craig Finn gives Kyle Meredith a shout to discuss their comeback record, Thrashing Thru the Passion. We hear about the characters that populate the LP, their relation to our own current events, and how they compare to the ones Finn wrote about on this year’s past solo album, I Need A New War. There’s also some fun with spotting lyrics that reference older songs and having what Finn calls “the best lineup yet” with the return of Franz Nicolay.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Noel Gallagher wants to start petition to split Foo Fighters
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel