The original series, created by Yaron Arazi and produced by ADD Content, has had three hit seasons on Nickelodeon Hot in Israel and has been commissioned for a fourth. The show follows a pair of siblings who move to a small town and find that their new neighborhood is awash with murky happenings.
More from Variety
- Vikram Malhotra's Abundantia Readies Ambitious Slate
- Two Brothers Pictures' Jack Williams on 'Baptiste,' 'The Widow' and the TV Drama Biz
- How 'The Missing' Team Created a New Series for Tcheky Karyo's 'Baptiste'
Abundantia’s “The End,” starring popular Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, is due imminently on Amazon Prime Video, as is the second season of “Breathe,” featuring Abhishek Bachchan. “The Missing” is being produced under their YA-focused Filters banner.
Hadas Mozes Lichtenstein, founder and head of international at ADD Content, said: “‘The Missing’ is a gripping series which has built up a strong fan base in Israel, and we’re confident that with Abundantia’s track record of hits for this generation and unrivaled local understanding of the market, we can replicate that success for a whole new audience. We’re also thrilled to be expanding ADD Content’s footprint in Asia with this deal, which marks our commitment to bringing compelling content to this market.”
Abundantia founder and chief executive Vikram Malhotra said: “I am delighted that we have found an amazing YA-focused story in ‘The Missing’ and a like-minded partner in ADD Content. I look forward to working with Hadas and her team to create the same magic with ‘The Missing’ in India.”
Best of Variety
- Oprah's Favorite Things of 2019: You Can't Go Wrong Gifting One of These This Year
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could