A tweet from Hillary Clinton mocking President Trump’s handling of the pandemic is drawing severe backlash from conservatives, who accuse the former Secretary of State of playing politics during a national health crisis.
“He did promise ‘America First,’ ” Clinton tweeted, referring to a phrase President Donald Trump has frequently used. Clinton linked to The New York Times’s Thursday coverage of the US officially leading the world in confirmed coronavirus cases.
More from Deadline
- Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' Returns Tonight Amid Coronavirus Quarantine
- Facebook To Invest $100M In News Outlets During Coronavirus Crisis
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: How 'The Witcher' Casting Director Turned Vanishing Work Into A Positive
The tweet continues a two-day visibility surge by Clinton. On Thursday, she called for a two-month lockdown, continuing a Democratic party battlecry against Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
The tweet and some reactions:
He did promise "America First." https://t.co/bzks3hqCUE
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) March 27, 2020
Not the first time you've laughed as Americans died
— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) March 27, 2020
This is why you aren't president and he is.
— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) March 27, 2020
A disgusting tweet, from the most disgusting person I ever worked with in the Secret Service. 👇🏻👇🏻 https://t.co/5HttcFPiR7
— Dan Bongino (@dbongino) March 27, 2020
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Tops 1,200; Global Cases Surpass 585,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto