“The wedding was at her house. It was small and low-key. Only family and close friends,” a source told People. “The ceremony started at sunset and they got married inside the house. When the ceremony was over, guests cheered. The reception was in a white tent in the backyard.”
More from SheKnows
- Hilary Duff Calls Out Paparazzi As They Follow Her and Her Children: 'This Doesn't Seem Right to Me'
- Hilary Duff Reveals She's Become a Bodybuilding Workout Devotee Since Having Daughter Banks
- Ah! So This Is Why Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Waited So Long to Marry Longtime Love Lauren Hashian
“Her sister Haylie was very involved in the wedding prep too,” she source added. “Hilary and Haylie are very close.”
The couple have been linked together since 2017. Though they briefly split earlier that year, they were reunited by the September and announced their pregnancy in June 2018. “Guess what guys! @matthewkoma and I made a little princess of our own and we couldn’t be more excited!!!!!” Duff also shares son Luca, 7, with ex-husband Mike Comrie.
The pair first announced their engagement back in May 2019 when the Lizzie McGuire star took to her Instagram page to share the exciting news. “He asked me to be his wife♥️,” the 32-year-old captioned the photos which perfectly highlighted her brand new diamond sparkler. In the second photo, the couple is seeing sharing a sweet kiss.
Matthew, also 32, shared the same photos on his Instagram page along with the caption, “I asked my best friend to marry me… @hilaryduff.”
Congrats to the happy couple!
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018