Evanescence has released their rendition of Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain,” featured in the launch trailer for the new Xbox Game Studios video game, Gear 5, from the Gears of War series. The release marks Evanescence’s first new rock recording in eight years.
“This cover was so fun to make. We love Fleetwood Mac and wanted to paint a dark and epic picture with our take on ‘The Chain,'” Evanescence frontwoman Amy Lee said. “The lyrics make me feel the power of standing together against great forces trying to pull us apart, perhaps even from the inside. I really wanted to drive that home in our version, and even made everyone in the band sing by the end of it! We’re beyond excited to share this with our fans and I’m really looking forward to playing it live.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Mick Fleetwood Announces Concert to Honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
- Fleetwood Mac's 'Tusk': 10 Things You Didn't Know
- Flashback: Lindsey Buckingham Plays a Blistering 'Go Your Own Way' in 2011
Evanescence previously released their symphonic music album, Synthesis, in 2017. The band is scheduled to play Knotfest in Mexico City in March 2020, followed by a tour of Europe and the U.K. kicking off in April.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Flashback: See Keith Urban's Dazzling Thanksgiving NFL Halftime Show
- Why Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song' Is a Holiday Classic
- The 13 Greatest Country Songs for Thanksgiving
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.