WarnerMedia’s long-awaited HBO Max streaming service will release in May 2020, and customers will be getting a bevy of content for their $14.99 per month subscription.
Though the platform will offer an array of library content from brands ranging from Warner Bros. to TNT, TBS, and Cartoon Network, it will also be home to a variety of original projects. Although the AT&T-owned service is expected to offer a little something for everyone, its early content slate seems focused on younger audiences, such as millennials, Gen Z, and families with young children.
More from IndieWire
- HBO Max Will Need to Rely on Expansive Library to Overcome Branding Problems - Analysts
- New 'Game of Thrones' Prequel 'House of the Dragon' Gets Straight-to-Series Order at HBO
- HBO Max Announces Price, Launch Date, a $500M 'South Park' Deal, and So Much More
While release dates for most HBO Max originals are still under wraps, there’s plenty of reason to get excited about some of the big franchises and star power that will define HBO Max’s originals. Here’s 15 original projects that will be making their way to the platform:
Best of IndieWire
- November TV Premieres: 13 Shows to Look Out for This Month
- 2019-2020 Freshman Shows: What's Renewed, What's Canceled, What's in Limbo
- 'Bridgerton': Everything You Need to Know About Shonda Rhimes' First Netflix Show