Hatchie singer-songwriter Harriette Pilbeam calls Kyle Meredith to discuss her debut LP, Keepsake. We also hear about her obsession with Love Island, adding mystery into songs like “Unwanted Guest”, and the obscured artwork of the album. She also digresses on writing as an exercise, the desire to compose for other artists, the challenge to bring some of these songs to the stage, and the status of her other outfit, Babaganouj.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Leaked video shows Gibson destroying hundreds of their own guitars
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Rihanna to Trump on El Paso, Dayton shootings: "Donald, you spelt 'terrorism' wrong"
- Neil deGrasse Tyson downplays recent mass shootings in tweet, Smash Mouth aren't having it
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- Tool reveal artwork for new album Fear Inoculum