The post Harry Styles pulls double duty on SNL, debuts new song “Watermelon Sugar”: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Harry Styles pulled double duty on last night’s episode of Saturday Night Live, serving as both its host and musical guest. He became the 35th musician who also appeared as host during SNL’s 45 season run.
In support of his forthcoming album Fine Line, due out on December 13th, Styles performed the lead single “Lights Up” and debuted a song called “Watermelon Sugar”.
Watch both performances, as well as various sketches starring Styles, below. One particular highlight saw Styles portray the human version of a dog named Doug and sing alongside his loving owner Joan (played by Aidy Bryant). Other sketches saw Styles play an intern going on a lunch run to Popeye’s, a coked-up airline pilot, and the social media manager for Sara Lee.
- Hall and Oates announce 2020 tour dates
- Josh Homme and Brody Dalle are separating
- Eddie Van Halen hospitalized due to complications from cancer drugs: Report
- Top 100 Films of the 2010s
- Awkward mosh pit breaks out during Marilyn Manson's gig at Astroworld Fest