Harrison Ford will make his series-regular TV debut as star of The Staircase, a drama series from Annapurna TV based on the 2004 documentary series that Netflix began streaming last year. A source has confirmed to Deadline that Ford is attached to the project. Annapurna declined to comment.
The original docuseries focused on Michael Peterson, the author who was accused of murdering his wife in 2001. He claimed that she had fallen down the stairs in their home, but police investigated her death as a homicide and named him as their lead suspect.
More from Deadline
- Clint Eastwood Heads Back To Oscar Race As 'Richard Jewell' Has Triumphant AFI Fest Premiere In Hollywood
- Academy Board To Pick First 2019 Oscar Winners This Weekend As Governors Awards Move Up To October - Who Is On The List?
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attraction Debuts To Gushing Praise From 'Star Wars' Legends
The project is being shopped, and we hear there already are a few offers.
Variety first reported the news.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers