Gwyneth Paltrow has settled into life as one half of the Faltrows.
That’s the couple nickname she came up with after her marriage to new husband Brad Falchuk — and she used it while sharing the first photo from their wedding. The full wedding album lives on her popular lifestyle website, goop, and includes lots of details about the A-list affair. The event took place in Amagansett, N.Y., on Sept. 29 and about 70 guests attended.
The fact that the Iron Man actress uses the nickname is a delight (there was an unsubstantiated tabloid report that they would be legally changing it), but there are a lot of takeaways from the gorgeous photos of the day she described as the “best” of “our lives.” Here are a few:
1. Paltrow got ready with Cameron Diaz.
One of the photos on Goop was of the two Hollywood stars getting their hair and makeup done together, leading to speculation that Diaz was a bridesmaid. Paltrow enlisted a glam squad including makeup artist Gucci Westman and hairstylist Orlando Pita.
2. Paltrow’s dress was Valentino.
GP went for a traditional look in a fitted lace gown with a dotted swiss pattern and a long veil. You may remember that, although she eloped with her first husband, Chris Martin, she said she was excited about having a traditional wedding (“Even though I’m 45, I sort of feel like a 21-year-old”).
3. Their daughters were bridesmaids.
Both the bride and groom each have two kids, and the girls, Isabella Falchuk and Apple Martin, wore matching Monique Lhuillier gowns.
4. Brad and the boys — including her son, Moses — were dapper dudes.
They all wore Tom Ford. Brody, right, is Brad’s son.
5. Steven Spielberg was documenting the proceedings.
The filmmaker, who is Paltrow’s godfather, captured the event on his camcorder. Can you imagine that wedding video?
6. Robert Downey Jr. gave a speech.
While she didn’t reveal what he said, the expression on her face suggests it was a jaw-dropper.
7. Paltrow wore a Stella McCartney jumpsuit (with a cape) for the reception — and danced next to Rob Lowe.
The actor looked like he might have been playing air guitar. Or was it the chicken dance? Or the Electric Slide? It was described on Goop as “’80s party jams.”
8. Mama Blythe Danner looked glam.
No surprises there.
The photo album for the wedding was presented in a very GP-like fashion. For instance, the pair flew in celebrity chef Francis Mallmann, star of Netflix’s Chef’s Table, from Santiago, Chile, to cook pineapples at the rehearsal dinner. And the story made it seem like Paltrow had the power to will Mother Nature into providing good weather. (“September 29 was a bright fall day in New York — sunny and cool with a crispness in the air. In other words, the gods complied on GP’s wedding day.”) But it also looked like it truly was a dream day — and how could you take issue with that?
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
- Find out which KarJenner sister broke the news to a pregnant Khloé Kardashian that Tristan Thompson cheated
- ‘Take a seat on this one Rebel Wilson’: Actress schooled for claiming she’s ‘the first-ever plus-sized girl to be the star of a romantic comedy’
- Hugh Jackman fans are ‘disappointed’ he’s friends with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner