Late last month, Gucci Mane dropped what he called "the hardest song of the year," a Nicki Minaj collaboration "Make Love."
I'm dropping the hardest song of the year at midnight #DroptopWop— Gucci Mane ( @gucci1017) February 24, 2017
Almost immediately, fans started saying that Nicki's performance on the track contained shots at Remy Ma, who had been sending subliminals Nicki's way for months prior. And what had been a below-the-surface back and forth quickly erupted into all-out rap warfare.
Now, "Make Love" makes a return to the spotlight, as Gucci and Nicki just released a video for the problem-starting track. The lead-up to the clip started on Sunday, when Minaj asked her fans if they were ready for a "surprise."
Who wants another surprise tomorrow? 🤔🤷🏽♀️🙋🏽👅🎀— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) March 26, 2017
She delayed the announcement until Tuesday.
Tmrw barbz - ya muva loves u. U love ya muva? Then just kiss me & spare the pettiness cuz it was out of my control. 😏 #NickiLovesHerBarbz 😬😕— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) March 27, 2017
And then, she revealed that the "surprise" was the video's release the following morning.
The video sees Minaj deliver her iconic verse from the comfort of an oversized pool float. Meanwhile, Gucci goes for a drive and relaxes to the sound of his own classic at a mansion.
You can check out the video for "Make Love" above.
- Gucci Mane Links Up With Nicki Minaj on His New Track "Make Love"
- The Internet Is Freaking Out Over Remy Ma's Savage Nicki Minaj Diss Track
- Remy Ma Just Dropped Another Nicki Minaj Diss
More from Complex
- Kendrick Lamar Drops Video for New Single "Humble"
- #NeverAskAWoman Offers Men All the Advice They'll Ever Need
- Migos Talks the Dab's Origins, Watching the Atlanta Falcons Piss Away the Super Bowl on 'SportsCenter'
- Nike's Paul George Shoes for Elite Ballers
- So Meta: Oreo Is Now Offering Oreo-Flavored Oreos