Directed by Brendan Walter and Greg Yagolnitzer, the clip stars Matarazzo as a lowly middle schooler pining for a girl who harbors a celebrity crush on a stuntman named “Mad” Willie Jackson. To win his crush’s heart, Matarazzo concocts a plan for a rooftop bash where he’ll attempt his own motorcycle heroics.
More from Rolling Stone
- Green Day Channel Classic Sounds They Love on 'Father of All...'
- Watch Green Day Cook With Martha Stewart, Perform 'Oh Yeah!' on 'Ellen'
- Watch Green Day's Expletive-Filled NHL All-Star Game Performance
As Green Day perform the snappy “Meet Me on the Roof,” Matarazzo prepares for his death defying feat, only to have his little dirt bike sputter out. Luckily, “Mad” Willie Jackson himself appears and lends the young adventurer his Harley, allowing Matarazzo to pull off the trick and earn a kiss.
“Meet Me on the Roof” appears on Green Day’s new album, Father of All…, which dropped today, February 7th. To mark the album’s release, the band also appeared on The Ellen Show, where they performed their single “Oh Yeah!” and partook in a cooking segment with Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg.
This summer, Green Day will head out on the Hella Mega Tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy. The trek kicks off July 17th at T-Mobile Park in Seattle and wraps August 29th at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.