EXCLUSIVE: Gravitas Ventures has secured the North American distribution rights to Blush, the drama written and directed by Debra Eisenstadt. Formally titled Imaginary Order, the pic, which premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival, will get a day-and-date release on April 10.
Bridesmaids and The Goldbergs standout Wendi McLendon-Covey stars as Cathy, an obsessive-compulsive, middle-aged woman, struggling to maintain control and significance amid fears her husband is having an affair and her thirteen-year-old daughter is becoming estranged. Cathy retreats to her sister’s home where she cat-sits, compulsively cleans and spies on a neighboring family. One by one these neighbors lure Cathy into their lives, inspire her rebellion and threaten to unravel everything, from her precarious marriage to her daughter’s innocence to her own wavering sanity.
More from Deadline
- Emily Ting's SXSW Comedy 'Go Back To China' Acquired By Gravitas Ventures
- Katie Holmes & Josh Lucas Drama 'The Secret: Dare to Dream' Lands At Gravitas
- Gravitas Ventures Acquires 'Age Out'; 'Bull' To Open Film Independent's New Wave Showcase; Craig Di Francia Cast In 'Sound of Philadelphia' - Film Briefs
Eisenstadt produced the pic with Cosmos Kiindarius, Timur Bekbosunov, and Peter Wong for ACE Pictures. Tony Piantedosi, VP of acquisitions at Gravitas, negotiated the deal with ICM Partners and Cinetic.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers