In an interview with our sister site Deadline, the duo made clear that there would be no re-revival a few years down the road. “We’re not coming back. There’s no version of us coming back,” said Mutchnick. “David and I don’t want to do it anymore.”
More from TVLine
- Parks and Recreation Boss Teases Reunion Special's Surprise Cold Open, Says Involving Nurse Ann Was 'Tricky'
- The Voice Season 18 Blooper Reel Jokingly Reveals That the Coaches Are 'Even Stupider Than... On Camera'
- Where Did Parks and Recreation Leave Off? Refresh Yo' Self With Our Recap -- Plus, Reunion Special Predictions!
It’s not that the EPs have grown disenchanted with the characters. On the contrary, “[we] love them,” he said. “We’ve shared them, and [Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally] certainly have a piece of the DNA of these characters in them…
“The network would ultimately be the ones to decide” whether to bring back the comedy yet again, he continued, “but if David and I were given the authority to make the choice, I think it’s time that this story is over. We’ve told every story that we can tell for these characters.”
What do you think? Do you hope that Will & Grace will return once more someday? Or are you ready to let go, this time for good?
Launch Gallery: Best Comedy Series of the Decade
Best of TVLine
- Watch Impeachment Trial Live Stream
- Vampire Diaries Turns 10: How Real-Life Plot Twists Shaped Everything From the Love Triangle to the Final Death
- Vampire Diaries' Biggest Twists Revisited (and Explained)