The potential series, from Riverdale showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is a “sexy contemporary reimagining” of the classic Dracula story with “strong horror elements,” centering on the legendary vampire’s three brides (played by Suits‘ Gina Torres, Claws‘ Katherine Reis and Richards).
More from TVLine
- Million Little Things Recap: Is Eddie's Dark Secret What We Think It Is?
- Grey's Recap: Amelia's Babydaddy Is...
- Fall TV Upfronts: CW, Fox and ABC Join CBS and NBC in Scrapping Live Events
As we reported on Monday, Timeless‘ Goran Visnjic will star as Count Dracula.
Per Deadline, Richards’ Renee runs a modeling agency in NYC and has a history of “torrid affairs” with her female models. “In her former life, she was the wife of the Marquis de Sade when she invited Dracula (Višnjić) into her ‘house of pain’ and asked to be ‘turned’ by him.”
The Brides ensemble also includes Chris Mason (Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists) as a mogul who goes head-to-head with Torres’ bride and Sophia Tatum (I Am Not Okay With This) as a model who crosses paths with Richards’ character.
To keep up with all of the 2020 pilots currently in contention at the broadcast networks, check out (and bookmark!) our handy Pilot Guide, which has been updated with Richards’ Brides casting.
Best of TVLine
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles
- The Big Bang Theory Pilot Revisited: 15 Memorable Moments (Including a Few In-Hindsight Continuity Errors)