Vogelsang was most recently VP at Hutch Parker Entertainment where he contributed to the reboot of Home Alone for Disney+. Prior to that he worked with director Wes Ball under Oddball Entertainment’s deal at 20th Century Fox, serving as the production executive on Maze Runner: The Death Cure. Vogelsang’s previous experience also includes working at Temple Hill Entertainment under Wyck Godfrey, now president of Paramount, on the Maze Runner franchise, Paper Towns and Rosewood.
More from Deadline
- Vince Marcello To Direct 'The Royal Runaway' For Gotham Group
- Reese Witherspoon & New Line Set 'A Private War' Scribe For 'In A Dark Dark Wood' Adaptation
- How 'Logan's R-Rating Raised The Standards For The Superhero Genre - Awardsline Screening
A graduate of Kent State University, Vogelsang began his career at Anonymous Content after relocating to LA from his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Joe to the Gotham family,” said Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, owner and CEO of The Gotham Group. “We first got to know and work with him while in production on the Maze Runner films. We’ve always admired his eye for great material, his creative instincts, and his relationships with talent.”
Vogelsang said he has “long admired the robust and tasteful development slate” at the management and production company.
Recently produced and upcoming Gotham Group projects include Sorta Like a Rock Star and Wendell & Wild for Netflix and Stargirl for Disney+.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers