The post Gorillaz tease mysterious new project Song Machine appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
It’s unclear what exactly Song Machine entails. It could be a new album, the follow-up to 2018’s The Now Now. An accompanying listing on Spotify refers to it as “Season One” and encourages fans to “Follow for the next episode,” so perhaps it’s connected to Gorillaz’s long-rumored animated cartoon? There’s also the possibly that it’s simply a Spotify playlist of likeminded music.
Update: Gorillaz have revealed that Song Machine is an audiovisual series consisting of new episodes filled with new Gorillaz music.
Whatever the case, one thing is clear: Song Machine will include brand new music from Gorillaz. The aforementioned teaser trailer features a 20-second snippet of music labeled “Theme Tune”. Additionally, a new single featuring slowthai and Slaves will reportedly premiere later this week.
For now, check out the Song Machine teaser trailer below, and revisit Albarn’s recent appearance on Kyle Meredith With… during which he detailed the making of The Now Now.
- Huey Lewis says Ménière's disease has left him unable to sing and perform
- NBA legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Shaun Weiss, actor who played Goldberg in The Mighty Ducks, arrested for meth and burglary
- Grammys 2020: Aerosmith and Run-D.M.C. perform "Walk This Way": Watch
- Queens of the Stone Age wowed by young girl's drum cover of "No One Knows": Watch
- Mick Fleetwood says Lindsey Buckingham rejoining Fleetwood Mac is "not a point of conversation"