In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek, Miles and his girlfriend Cara confront the Grey’s Anatomy alum, who plays Gideon, a man who was helping friend suggestions years before the God account found Miles. But eventually, Gideon made the decision to leave behind the Almighty quest and settle down with his family.
More from TVLine
- T.R. Knight Joins HBO Max's The Flight Attendant
- God Friended Me Season 2 Premiere Recap: Searching for Joy
- Carol's Second Act: Two Writers Quit After Allegations Were Leveled Against Patricia Heaton's EP Husband
“After a few years of helping friend suggestions, I fell in love,” Gideon explains. “I wanted a normal life, so I walked away.”
But Miles is convinced that the God account brought him to Gideon for a reason, and that reason is to find out what his bigger purpose might be. Lucky for him, Gideon is already one step ahead of Miles and knows who’s behind the account. “It’s God, Miles,” he says like it’s the most obvious thing in the world. (To be fair, it is called the God account.)
“I don’t believe in God,” Miles responds, but it doesn’t matter. Like it or not, he’s been chosen… to be a prophet, Gideon tells him!
God Friended Me airs Sunday at 8:30 pm ET/8 pm PT on CBS. Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Gideon’s revelation and what it means for Miles.
Best of TVLine
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 3)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 2)