Fresh off the release of his NOVO SONIC SYSTEM EP in October, Gesaffelstein has reworked Rosalía’s 2019 single “A Palé”. With the 32-year-old producer/DJ in control, the Flamenco-pop song emanates extra urgency thanks to the addition of stabbing synths. There’s also a slightly more metallic tone to the update, akin to Gesaffelstein’s live aesthetic.
Take a listen below, followed by the original version.
“A Palé” was released in November and is thought to be off Rosalía’s upcoming third album. Meanwhile, NOVO SONIC SYSTEM came just months after Gesaffelstein’s full-length album, Hyperion, which featured The Weeknd, HAIM, and Pharrell Williams.
- Grimes announces she is pregnant
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Patti Smith wrote Greta Thunberg a poem for her 17th birthday
- Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' rapper son, spoke in a fake Jamaican accent for the entirety of the Golden Globes
- Lori Loughlin hires prison coach, learns martial arts