The return of Bundesliga soccer from COVID-19 lockdown (in an empty arena) hit a record high with its Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke matchup with a .33, marking the best metered market rating ever for a Bundesliga telecast on FS1.
In the match, Dortmund beat Schalke, 4-0. On Sunday, Fox Sports released the following in the top five available markets: Cincinnati .91, Philadelphia .75, Washington DC .71, Kansas City .67 and Tampa .64.
More from Deadline
- NASCAR Return Scores 6.3 Million Viewers For Fox As Live Racing Ends Its Pit Stop
- 'American Idol' Steady Sunday To Top Night Of Finales; NASCAR On Lead Lap In Return
- All Numbers Rise For 'How To Get Away With Murder' Finale; ABC Tops Thursday Ratings
In the second matchup, Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 and the game earned .21, the second best metered for a Bundesliga game on FS1. The top five available markets were as follows: Kansas City .67, Cincinnati .47, Washington DC .46, Tampa .45 and Portland .41.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 85,000 As Cases Nationally Reach 1.4 Million - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto