ABC’s General Hospital, which had been eying a mid-July production restart amid the coronavirus pandemic, is now targeting the week of July 20 to resume taping. The situation remains fluid as new infections have been soaring in Los Angeles.
CBS’ The Young and the Restless, which too had delayed its production restart by a week, from the week of July 6 to the week July 13, is on track to get cameras rolling, I hear. It shoots Tuesday-Friday, so its first day of production is expected to be July 14, if conditions allow.
More from Deadline
- 'The Young and the Restless' Pushes Tentative Production Restart By Week Amid COVID-19 Spike
- 'General Hospital' Eyes Mid-July Production Restart
- 'The Young And The Restless' Eyes July Production Restart Date
CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful has been taping new episodes and is continuing production. As Deadline reported, NBC’s Days Of Our Lives recently set a tentative Sept. 1 return to production date.
The Bold and the Beautiful, The Young and the Restless and General Hospital have all run out of originals and have been rerunning classic episodes. Days of Our Lives has banked originals to last through early October.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Numbers Skyrocket As New Cases Hit Record Highs 3 Times In Past 10 Days - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto