French film and TV major Gaumont has promoted Alexis Cassanet to Executive Vice President, International Sales and Distribution.
The move is made ahead of the upcoming departure of longtime film sales chief Cécile Gaget who will exit the firm on September 30.
More from Deadline
- 'Narcos' Producer Gaumont Shakes Up U.S. Operation; Animation Chief Nicolas Atlan Takes Over, Gene Stein Exits
- Gaumont Hires Former Amazon Studios Executive Michelle Sullivan As Its Animation & Family VP
- 'Narcos' Producer Gaumont Developing TV Adaptation Of 'The Phantom Of The Opera'
Cassanet joined Gaumont in 2016 after a seven-year run at SND where he spear-headed sales of movies including Yves Saint Laurent, La Famille Bélier and The Love Punch. He started at Gaumont as Co-Head of International Sales alongside Adeline Falampin, reporting to Gaget, VP, International Production and Distribution.
Sidonie Dumas, Gaumont CEO, said: “Cécile Gaget’s contributions during her 13-year tenure at Gaumont have proven invaluable and as she embarks upon this next chapter of her professional career, we wish her the very best.”
In his new role Cassanet, who will report directly to Ariane Toscan du Plantier, President Cinema Distribution France & International, will have oversight of the entire international film sales team and be supported by Adeline Falampin, the newly appointed Director of International Sales.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto