The post Gatecreeper announce new album Deserted, unleash “Boiled Over”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Arizona death-metal act Gatecreeper will return with their sophomore album, Deserted, this fall. In anticipation, the track “Boiled Over” has been released as the first single.
Due out October 4th, Deserted was co-produced by the band with engineer Ryan Bram. Additionally, Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou mixed the LP, while Brad Boatright mastered the album.
“We are very proud to finally unleash our second full length album,” remarked the band in a collective statement. “There are plenty of new and exciting elements mixed into our songwriting formula, but the most apparent evolution is simply getting better at what we have been doing since the beginning.
Gatecreeper continued, “Our experiences over the 3 years have made us a stronger band all around. With Deserted we wanted to solidify and define the Gatecreeper sound of memorable songwriting with both infectious hooks and crushing riffs.”
Regarding the new single (listen below), the band stated, “The first song from Deserted we chose to share with the world is ‘Boiled Over’. With this song, we tried to capture the melodic side of Bolt Thrower mixed with the crushing heaviness and groove of bands like Obituary or Crowbar. There is a confident swagger to the song that any fan of heavy music can enjoy.”
02. Puncture Wounds
03. From The Ashes
06. Barbaric Pleasure
07. Sweltering Madness
08. Boiled Over
09. In Chains
10. Absence of Light
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Foster the People promote bizarre Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theory