Season 7 of Game of Thrones will see worlds collide, as Daenerys Targaryen arrives in Westeros to stake a claim to the Iron Throne. She’ll have to wrest it from Cersei Lannister’s cold, scheming fingers, though. And then there are the Starks, who have finally returned to and regained their family seat in Winterfell. Of course, the greatest threat of all is waiting on the other side of the Wall — the Night King and his army of White Walkers.
As viewers count down the days until the HBO drama’s seventh-season premiere on July 16, Yahoo TV is launching our official countdown: #GoTIsComing. Check back here every day as we give updates on all of your favorite characters, details on an important new location, and a travel guide to the locations of Westeros. So pull on a thick coat and get ready for a long and brutal winter.
With winter coming, the characters of Game of Thrones should want to couple up and cuddle up — it’s the ultimate cuffing season. But with so many wars and betrayals and deaths, romance hasn’t been everyone’s first concern.
But Game of Thrones is a show about royal and noble houses, which means betrothals and arranged marriages. That in turn leads to forbidden love, longing glances, and straight-up crushing on a new bae (we’re looking at you, Tormund).
We rank the couples — and the term is used loosely for any sort-of romantic pairing — of Game of Thrones from awful to awesome.
Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres Sunday, July 16, at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Read more of our #GoTIsComing coverage:
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Greyjoys?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7: Everything We Know So Far
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Peril-o-Meter: Who Dies Next?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoffs: What We Know (and Want)
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s the Deal With the Citadel?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Map: A Catch-Up Guide to Where Everyone Is
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s Next For the Greyjoys?
* Every ‘Game of Thrones’ Funko Pop! Doll You Can Buy Right Now
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 14 Times Littlefinger Was. The. Worst.
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next For the Starks?