Galyn Görg, who was a regular on Fox’s Sam Raimi series M.A.N.T.I.S. and appeared on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and in Robocop 2, died Tuesday, according to her representative. The actress died of cancer just one day before her 56th birthday.
“Our beautiful Galyn has crossed over. She quietly fought a good fight but unfortunately passed away one day before her birthday, 7/14/2020 in Hawaii to cancer,” said a statement from Sheila Legette. “Galyn had been very private about her battle with cancer the last nine months. But remained positive and continued to enjoy life in Hawaii. She loved the ocean and was an amazing dancer, as well as a talented actress.”
More from Deadline
- Notable Hollywood & Entertainment Industry Deaths In 2020: Photo Gallery
- Will Smith Reacts to "Brilliant" Remake Trailer Of 'The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air'
- 'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
The actress co-starred as Lt. Leora Maxwell on M.A.N.T.I.S., which air one season on Fox in 1994-95, and played Helena on Fresh Prince in 1996. She also appeared in the original Twin Peaks, A Different World and Star Trek: Voyager. In recent years, she appeared in Parks and Recreation and How to Get Away With Murder.
In addition to Robocop 2, she recently completed work on a film called Teller’s Camp.
No survivors or memorial plans have been revealed.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Numbers Skyrocket As New Cases Hit Record Highs 3 Times In Past 10 Days - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto