The post Gallant unveils smooth new song “Sleep on It”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
In the past, we’ve heard Gallant tap into Prince’s funk-inflected sleekness. However, the latest offering, sees the Grammy-nominated singer channeling the smooth and slinky releases of Usher circa 2001.
(Read: The Top 25 Songs of 2019… So Far)
“Why don’t we sleep on it?” Gallant asks his partner following a tiff. “The song is about putting aside your pride and reconciling, after butting heads in a relationship,” he notes in a statement. “It’s about reconciliation.”
Listen in below.
Gallant’s new album, Sweet Insomnia, follows the acclaimed Ology from way back in 2015. Although he’s yet to confirm a release date, Gallant does plan to tour the next few months, including stint opening for fellow R&B singer Sabrina Claudio. Find tickets to all of his upcoming shows here.
“Sleep on It” Artwork:
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Eddie Murphy returns to host SNL for first time in over 30 years
- Bob Odenkirk says Breaking Bad movie already filmed: "They did it"
- Ben Folds on Making Peace With "Brick"