The post Future Islands debut seven new songs live in Northampton: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
It’s been two years since Future Islands’ last album, The Far Field, but it appears a follow-up LP is on the way. During a concert in Northampton, Massachusetts on Sunday, the synthpop group debuted not one, not two, but seven new songs.
According to fans, the fresh tracks are called “Hit the Coast”, “The Painter”, “Born in a War”, and “Thrill”. Other reported songs named “B. Ham”, “Moonlight”, and “Plastic Beach” were also played during their 22-song set.
(Read: The Top 50 Albums of 2017)
The evening also featured catalog staples like “Seasons (Waiting on You)” and “Time on Her Side”, as well as a four-track encore that closed with the Baltimore band’s 2008 track “Beach Foam”.
Catch fan-caught footage below (via Stereogum).
Future Islands have a couple more US tour dates this month, tickets for which can be purchased here.
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Trent Reznor acknowledges contribution to "Old Town Road" after CMA Awards nomination
- Kevin Hart injured after car crashes in Malibu Hills [Updated]
- R.I.P. Gordon Bressack, Pinky and the Brain writer dead at 68
- Nicki Minaj announces her retirement from music