It’s understandable that Lori Loughlin wasn’t able to see Fuller House through to the series’ finale, given her role in the college admissions scandal now infamously known as Operation Varsity Blues. And fans have been waiting to see what would happen in court, as well as how the show would handle Aunt Becky’s sudden disappearance. As far as the former goes, Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, recently pled guilty to counts of conspiracy, and now we know what happened to her on-screen counterpart.
Netflix dropped the second half of season 5 today, and one episode in particular addresses the fact that Aunt Becky isn’t around. In “Be Yourself, Free Yourself,” Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) seeks out D.J. Tanner (Candace Cameron Bure) for advice when trying to figure out which of his daughter’s playmates bit her. D.J. then asks her uncle if he should strategize with Aunt Becky before trying to solve the issue on his own.
More from SheKnows
- Exclusive: Lori Loughlin's Guilty Plea Could Help Protect Her Daughters Olivia Jade & Bella Giannulli
- Lori Loughlin Will Plead Guilty in College Admissions Case & Serve Two Months in Prison
- Reese Witherspoon Is Starring in Two Netflix Rom-Coms About Motherhood & We Can't Wait
“Becky is in Nebraska helping out her mother,” he replies. “I don’t want to bother her with a tiny little thing like this.” In typical D.J. mode, she’s ready with a response: “Right, because she’d tell you not to do what you’re about to do.”
Now that the spin-off has concluded its five-season run, the Tanners and their kids can now look forward to the imaginary future — as for Loughlin, it remains to be seen whether she’ll fulfill her two months’ prison time in a federal facility, or during home arrest given the coronavirus pandemic.
Before you go, click here for other must-see tv shows.
Launch Gallery: 39 Reality TV Shows You Won't Be Able to Stop Watching
Best of SheKnows
- 21 Must-Read Dystopian Books That Eerily Predicted Our Current Times
- A Complete Timeline of Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's Relationship
- 24 Most Romantic Movie Kisses You'll Wish Would Happen to You IRL