Fox’s WWE Friday Night SmackDown was once again the champion of Friday night ratings, scoring a solid 0.8 for the 18-49 set in its two-hour slot and helping Fox to an overall network victory.
The main attraction was the return of Kane, while Daniel Bryan beat The Fiend by yanking out his dreadlocks. The main event saw Roman Reigns beat Robert Roode in a Table Match, which was intended to set the rules for the forthcoming Royal Rumble.
More from Deadline
- NBC's 'Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' & 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Get Early Streamings On Peacock Premium
- 'Harry & Meghan: The Royals In Crisis' Special Set On Fox
- John Villacorta Promoted To SVP Talent & Casting At ABC Entertainment
CBS had a night of reruns, as perennial contender Hawaii Five-0, along with Magnum P.I. and Blue Bloods, all repeated episodes.
At NBC, new show Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt For The Bone Collector came in at 0.4, down over last week’s premiere, with Dateline the night’s top newsmag in 25-54 and total viewers, but bumping to an 0.5, down two ticks from last week.
ABC saw American Housewife at an 0.5, down a tick from last week, with Fresh Off The Boat holding at 0.4 and 20/20 down a tenth at an 0.5
The CW had Charmed at 0.2 and Dynasty at 0.1 in their winter returns.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers