On a rerun heavy night, Fox’s WWE Friday Night SmackDown raised its arms in victory, scoring an 0.6 to outpace its somewhat lackluster competition and allow Fox to cop the overall network bragging rights.
The SmackDown featured the return of AJ Styles to the Blue Brand, and Styles won his first-round match against Shinsuke Nakamura to advance in the Intercontinental Championship tournament.
More from Deadline
- Broadcast Nets Bet On IP, Proven Showrunners & Big Stars In New Series Orders Amid Derailed Pilot Season
- NTT Indycar Series Genesys 300 Races To NBC Primetime
- ABC Eyes Fewer Comedy Blocks On 2020-21 Schedule
The only other non-rerun programming was a new Masters of Illusion on The CW, which came in at an 0.1 in the 8 PM slot.
A rerun of crime drama Blue Bloods on CBS had the night’s largest total audience, while an encore of NBC’s Dateline was the runner-up in demos at 0.5 for adults 18-49, shooting up to an 0.7 in adults 25-54.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Closes In On 100,000 As U.S. Relaxes Restrictions On Holiday; Global Cases Pass 5M - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto